August 15, 2006

debilitated

I saw this book called 52 Fights: A Newlyweds Confession by author Jennifer Jeanne Patterson -- I want a copy! As in badly.

It brought to mind this series idea that I cooked up light years ago. I called it ENDURING. By the way, I tweaked the logo. This is how it looks now.



Up until now, the series' still lodge in my head somewhere. I know how come and it's because of this...

'This' is my biggest hurdle as a writer. I've got a couple or so series cooking in my brain right now but I can't find the will to begin any of them. They say reality is perception. Well, I perceive I don't have it in me to write said series the way I want them to turn out. So why write them at all? I want to be perfect but I'm not. I want to be really, really good, but I'm not. I want to be a lot of things that I'm not. I don't want to settle and it pains me that I can't avoid settling sometimes (okay, most of the time). All this equates to frustration--in big bold capital letters!!!

Experts say, one has to be realistic in setting goals. That's one of the ways to cure 'this'. Such being the case, realistically speaking, I know it's gonna be a looong haul before I learn to turn 'this' into a positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment