January 20, 2005

anticipated distraction

I was on the phone with a fellow writer yesterday and we got to talking about our respective slumps. I mentioned to her that among my multitude of reasons is that I'm too easily distracted.


Later, I discovered that what I said would prove to be prophetic.


It was a few minutes after I sat down in front of my PC for my after dinner session with my MS that I heard Ryan Seacrest's voice echoing all over the place. The culprit: my favorite nephew, Andre. His TV was on full blast.


I don't know what it is about American Idol that's got me fascinated. Hindi naman ako Amerikano, paki ko ba sa idol nila. I dunno. I guess I just find it entertaining to watch.


So anyways, I was itching to shut down my PC and switch on the TV instead. But I resisted the urge...believe you me, I... r-e-s-i-s-t-e-d! I kept reminding myself that I need to submit my MS by Saturday.


An hour and a half later, with nothing to show for it except a couple of sentences, I finally caved in. One minute I was staring blankly at the PC monitor, the next I was laughing my heart out in front of the TV screen. Concentration was next to impossible especially as I kept hearing the show from Andre's room.


Today, I'm typing this blog because again I find myself unable to concentrate on my MS. It's a little after three and the next installment of AI will be aired direct off satellite at four...


No comments:

Post a Comment