March 06, 2005

mental picture

In front of me is a calendar. You know how it is when every month a different place is featured. Last month it was Cebu; this month, it's Surigao. Incidentally, that's the reason why the yacht my hero and heroine are frolicking in right now is called Siargao Princess.

Going back to the calendar, there are four pictures arranged to fit a frame. Of the four, three are shots taken of beaches. In one such shot, the horizon is clearly defined.

This made me think of the tsunami. I remembered hearing somebody on TV, a survivor, recount her experience. She said she saw the water draw as faaaar back as the horizon.

Picture couresy of www.surigao-city.de



Picture it, from the shoreline to the horizon, nothing but the ocean floor... from the shoreline to the horizon, that's how massive the wave was.

I shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment